PROBABILISTIC BEHAVIORAL MODEL FOR COMPUTER NETWORK PROTECTION BASED ON ATTACK TREES
Read the full article
For citation: Dorodnikov N.A., Arustamov S.A. Probabilistic behavioral model for computer network protection based on attack trees. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 960–962. doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-5-960-962 Abstract
The paper deals with the results of probabilistic model development for behavioral computer network. We present a method for the system state simulation immediately after the attack. To describe the threats we have selected an appropriate set of mathematical models for processes. The authors have proposed a modification of the attack trees theory including probabilistic attack trees, describing the ways to achieve objectives by illegal intruders and calculating the probability of the various types of threats. The proposed method enables to assess the levels of risks and vulnerability of the studied networks with the aid of the system behavior simulation.
1. Dorodnikov N.A., Bezborodov L.A., Arustamov S.A., Dorodnikova I.M. Development of a mathematical model of a universal LAN based on requirements information security. Scientific and Technical Volga region Bulletin, 2015, no. 2, pp. 115–118.
2. Chechulin A., Kotenko I. Attack tree-based approach for real-time security event processing. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 2015, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 701–704. doi: 10.3103/S0146411615080052
3. Opdahl L., Sindre G. Experimental comparison of attack trees and misuse cases for security threat identification. Information and Software Technology, 2009, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 916–932. doi: 10.1016/j.infsof.2008.05.013
4. Zhao J.J., Zhao S.Y. Opportunities and threats: a security assessment of state e-government websites. Government Information Quarterly, 2010, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 49–56. doi: 10.1016/j.giq.2009.07.004
5. Kotenko I., Doynikova E., Chechulin A. Security metrics based on attack graphs for the Olympic Games scenario. Proc. 22th Euromicro Int. Conf. on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing, PDP 2014. Turin, Italy, 2014, pp. 561–568. doi: 10.1109/PDP.2014.113
6. Dorodnikov N.A. Realizing genetic algorithms calculating the parameters of the model of universal LAN while counteract information security threats. Scientific and Technical Volga region Bulletin, 2015, no. 3, pp. 126–128.