Bulat P.V., Denissenko P.V. Interference of unidirectional shock waves. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
, 2015, vol.15, no. 3, pp. 500–508.
Subject of study.We consider interference of unidirectional shock waves or, as they are called, catching up shock waves. The scope of work is to give a classification of the shock-wave structures that arise in this type of interaction of shock waves, and the area of their existence. Intersection of unidirectional shock waves results in arising of a shock-wave structure at the intersection point, which contains the main shock wave, tangential discontinuity and one more reflected gas-dynamic discontinuity of unknown beforehand type. The problem of determining the type of reflected discontinuity is the main problem that one has to solve in the study of catching shock waves interference. Main results.The paper presents the pictures of shock-wave structures arising at the interaction of catching up shock waves. The areas with a regular and irregular unidirectional interaction of shocks are described. Characteristic shock-wave structures are of greatest interest, where reflected gas-dynamic discontinuity degenerates into discontinuous characteristics. Such structures have a number of extreme properties. We have found the areas of existence for such shock-wave structures. There are also areas in which the steady-state solution is not available. The latter has determined revival of interest for the theoretical study of the problem, because the facts of sudden shock-wave structure destruction inside the air intake of supersonic aircrafts at high Mach numbers have been discovered. Practical significance.The theory of interference for unidirectional shock waves and design procedure are usable in the design of supersonic air intakes. It is also relevant for application possibility investigation of catching up oblique shock waves to create overcompressed detonation in perspective detonation air-jet and rocket engines.
discontinuity, shock wave, interference of shocks, unidirectional shocks, catching up shock waves. References
1. Bulat M.P., Bulat P.V. The analysis centric isentropic compression waves. World Applied Sciences Journal, 2013, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1023–1026. doi: 10.5829/idosi.wasj.2013.27.08.13719
2. Uskov V.N., Bulat P.V. O zadache proektirovaniya ideal'nogo diffuzora dlya szhatiya sverkhzvukovogo potoka [On the problems of designing diffusers ideal compression supersonic flow]. Fundamental'nye Issledovaniya, 2012, no. 6–1, pp. 178–184.
3. Vust V. K teorii razvetvleniya skachkov uplotneniya. In: Gazovaya Dinamika. Moscow, Inostrannaya Literatura Publ., 1950, pp. 131–143.
4. Vekken F. Predel'nye polozheniya vilkoobraznykh skachkov uplotneniya. In: Proc. of Mekhanika, 1950, no. 4, pp. 24–34.
5. Roslyakov G.S. Vzaimodeistvie ploskikh skachkov uplotneniya odnogo napravleniya [The interaction of plane shock waves in one direction]. Chislennye Metody v Gazovoi Dinamike [Computational methods in gas dynamics]. Moscow, MSU Publ., 1965, pp. 28–51.
6. Adrianov A.L., Starykh A.L., Uskov V.N. Interferentsiya Statsionarnykh Gazodinamicheskikh Razryvov [Interference Stationary Gasdynamic Discontinuities]. Novosibirsk, Nauka Publ., 1995, 180 p.
7. Roslyakov G.S., Starykh A.L., Uskov V.N. Interference of steady shock waves traveling in the same direction. Fluid Dynamics, 1987, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 614–622. doi: 10.1007/BF01051429
8. Omel'chenko A.V., Uskov V.N. Optimum overtaking compression shocks with restrictions imposed on the total flow-deflection angle. Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, 1999, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 638–646. doi: 10.1007/BF02468438
9. Uskov V.N. Begushchie Odnomernye Volny [Running One-Dimensional Waves]. St. Petersburg, BSTU "VOENMEH" Publ., 2000, 224 p.
10. Uskov V.N. Optimal'nye begushchie po potoku gaza odnomernye volny [Optimal running on gas flow 1Dwaves]. XV Sessiya Mezhdunarodnoi Shkoly po Modelyam Mekhaniki Sploshnoi Sredy [XV Session of the Int. School on Models of Continuum Mechanics], 2000, pp. 63–78.
11. Vasilev E., Elperin T., Ben-Dor G. Analytical reconsideration of the von Neumann paradox in the reflection of a shock wave over a wedge. Physics of Fluids, 2008, vol. 20, no. 4, art. 046101. doi: 10.1063/1.2896286
12. Uskov V.N., Chernyshov M.V. Special and extreme triple shock-wave configurations. Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, 2006, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 492–504. doi: 10.1007/s10808-006-0081-5
13. Uskov V.N., Chernyshov M.V. Troinye konfiguratsii statsionarnykh udarnykh voln [Triple configuration of stationary shock waves]. XII Vserossiiskaya Nauchno-Prakticheskaya Konferentsiya Aktual'nye Problemy
Zashchity i Bezopasnosti [XII All-Russian Scientific-Practical Conference on Actual Problems of Protection and Security]. St. Petersburg, 2009.
14. Bulat P.V., Bulat M.P. Discontinuity of gas-dynamic variables in the center of the compression wave. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 2014, vol. 8, no. 23, pp. 2343–2349.