NUCLEAR-MAGNETIC MINI-RELAXOMETER FOR LIQUID AND VISCOUS MEDIA CONTROL
Read the full article ';
For citation: Davydov V.V., Velichko E.N., Karseev A.Yu. Nuclear-magnetic mini-relaxometer for liquid and viscous media control. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2015, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 115–121
The paper deals with a new method for registration of nuclear magnetic resonance signal of small volume liquid and viscous media being studied (0.5 ml) in a weak magnetic field (0.06 –0.08 T), and measuring of longitudinal T1 and transverse T2 relaxation constants. A new construction of NMR mini-relaxometer magnetic system is developed for registration of NMR signal. The nonuniformity of a magnetic field in a pole where registration coil is located is 0,410–3 sm–1 (the induction is В0 = 0.079 T). An electrical circuit of autodyne receiver (weak fluctuations generator) has been developed with usage of low noise differential amplifier and NMR signal operating and control scheme (based on microcontroller STM32) for measuring of relaxation constants of liquid and viscous media in automatic operating mode. New technical decisions made it possible to improve relaxometer response time and dynamic range of measurements for relaxation constants T1 and T2 in comparison with small sized nuclear-magnetic spectrometer developed by the authors earlier (with accuracy characteristics conservation). The developed schemes for self-tuning of registration frequency, generating amplitude of magnetic field H1 in registration coil, and amplitude and frequency of modulating field provide measuring of T1 and T2 with error less than 0.5 % and signal to noise ratio about 1.2 in temperature range from 3 to 400 C. A new construction of mini-relaxometer reduced the weight of the device to 4 kg (with independent supply unit) and increased transportability and operating convenience.
1. Davydov V.V., Karseev A.Yu. Malogabaritnyi yaderno-magnitnyi spektrometr dlya ekspress-analiza zhidkikh sred [Compact nuclear-magnetic spectrometer for express-control of liquid medium]. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2013, no. 4 (86). 121
2. Davydov V.V., Karseev A.Yu. The liquid medium conditions express-control by portable nuclear-magnetic spectrometer. Proc. 10th International Forum «ECOBALTICA'2013». St. Petersburg, 2013, p. 73.
3. Davydov V.V., Ermak S.V. A quantum spectrum analyzer based on radiooptical resonance. Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 2001, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 215–218.
4. Davydov V.V., Karseev A.Yu. The environmental monitoring of access Baltic Sea coast areas. Proc. XV International Environmental Forum Baltic Sea Day «BSD'14». St. Petersburg, 2014, pp. 54–56.
5. Davydov V.V. The research of the relaxation times T1 and T2 in flow liquid. Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 1997, vol. 30, no. 17, pp. 3993–3994.
6. Chen В., Ivanov I., Klein M.L., Parrinello M. Hydrogen bonding in water. Physical Review Letters, 2003, vol. 91, no. 21, pp. 2155–2158.
7. Lösche A. Kerninduktion. Berlin, Deutscher Verl. der Wissenschaften, 1957.
8. Marusina M.Y., Neronov Yu.I. Metod opredeleniya vremeni relaksatsii protonov motornogo masla i vozmozhnosti ego prakticheskogo ispol'zovaniya [Method for the definition of motor oil proton time relaxation and possibilities of its practical use]. Nauchnoe Priborostroenie, 2010, vol 20, no. 2, pp. 37–41.
9. Davydov V.V., Dudkin V.I., Karseev A.Yu. Povyshenie tochnosti izmereniya konstant relaksatsii tekushchei zhidkosti v yaderno-magnitnom spektrometre [Improvement of measuring accuracy for relaxation constants of flowing liquid in nuclear-magnetic spectrometer]. Izv. vuzov. Priborostroenie, 2013, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 64–68.
10. Davydov V.V., Dudkin V.I., Karseev A.U. Nuclear magnetic flowmeter-spectrometer with fiber-optical communication line in cooling systems of atomic energy plants. Optical Memory and Neural Networks (Information Optics), 2013, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 112–117. doi: 10.3103/S1060992X13020021
11. Davydov V.V. Malogabaritnyi polyarizator dlya yaderno-magnitnykh raskhodomerov i magnitometrov [Small-sized polarizer for nuclear magnetic flow meters and magnetometers]. Izv. vuzov. Priborostroenie, 2001, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 49–52.
12. Davydov V.V. Control of the longitudinal relaxation time T1 of a flowing liquid in NMR flowmeters. Russian Physics Journal, 1999, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 822–825.
13. Pryakhin A.E., Shushkevich S.S., Orobei I.O. Nutation flowmeter for a proton-bearing liquid. Instruments and experimental techniques New York, 1983, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 1456–1458.
14. Davydov V.V., Semenov V.V. A modulation operating mode for nutation NMR flowmeters and magnetometers. Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 1999, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 427–429.
15. Davydov V.V., Karseev A.Yu. Generator slabykh kolebanii dlya registratsii signala yadernogo magnitnogo rezonansa [Generator of weak vibrations to detect the signal of nuclear magnetic resonance]. Peterburgskii Zhurnal Elektroniki, 2014, no. 1 (78), pp. 89–91.
16. Kabardina S.I., Sheffer N.I. Izmereniya Fizicheskikh Velichin [Measurement of Physical Quantities]. Moscow, Binom Publ., 2009, 152 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License