PRINCIPLES OF INDICATION FOR EN-ROUTE FLIGHT PATHS OF THE AIRCRAFT ON THE SCREEN OF ON-BOARD DISPLAY DEVICES
Read the full article ';
For citation: Markelov V.V., Kostishin M.O., Zharinov I.O., Nechaev V.A., Zakoldaev D.A. Principles of indication for en-route flight paths of the aircraft on the screen of on-board display devices. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 96–107.
Subject of Research.We consider the principles and algorithms for construction of en-route flight paths of an aircraft (airplane) in a horizontal plane for their subsequent display on the navigation situation indicators in the cockpit. Navigation situation indicatorsaredisplay devices designed on the basis of flat liquid crystal panel. Methods. Flight trajectory display by on-board multifunction indicators is performed by successive drawing of graphic primitives available in the library and defined in accordance with an array of data to display the route. An array of data is generated by on-board software complex based on the information provided in the flight task and the corresponding «Jeppesen» database or analogous one. Formation of the array is carried out by bringing the set of trajectory paths to the format of three typical trajectories described. In addition, each of the types of trajectories has a standard description of the algorithm for calculating the parameters that make up an array of data to display.Main Results.The algorithms of forming and calculating the amounts of data of routing paths required for their construction and display on the multifunction indicators applied in avionics.Practical Relevance.These novel routing algorithms for constructing trajectory paths unify algorithms of generating information for display on the navigation situation indicators and optimize a set of calculated data for flight control at the trajectory in the horizontal plane.
1. Procedures for Air Navigation Services-Aircraft Operations. V. 1. Flight Procedures. Doc 8168/OPS/611. 3rd ed. Montreal, ICAO, 2006, 386 p.
2. Procedures for Air Navigation Services-Aircraft Operations. V. 2. Construction of Visual and Instrument Flight Procedures. Doc 8168/OPS/611. Montreal, ICAO, 2006, 880 p.
3. Minimum Aviation System Performance Standards (MASPS) for Required Navigation Performance for RNP Area Navigation. Malakoff, France, EUROCAE ED 75.
4. Global Positioning System. Standard Positioning Service. Performance Standard. Technical Report DC 20301-6000. Washington, 2001.
5. RTCA: Minimum Aviation System Performance Standard. Required Navigation Performance for Area Navigation. RTCA DO236A/EUROCAE ED-75, 2003.
6. ARINC Specification 424, Navigation System Data Base. Warrendale, Airlines Electronic Engineering Committee, 2008.
7. Vovk V.I., Lipin A.V., Saraiskii Yu.N. Area Navigation. St. Petersburg, Academia GA Publ., 2004, 123 p. (In Russian)
8. Procedures for Air Navigation Services-Air Traffic Management (PANS-ATM). Doc 4444-ATM/501. Montreal, ICAO, 2007.
9. Zharinov I.O., Zharinov O.O., Kostishin M.O. The research of redundacy in avionics color palette for on-board indication equipment. Proc. Int. Siberian Conference on Control and Communications, SIBCON-2015. Omsk, Russian Federation, 2015, art. 7147313. doi: 10.1109/SIBCON.2015.7147313
10. Shchepilov Yu.N. Construction of Aerodrome Schemes: Textbook. St. Petersburg, SPbSU GA, 2013, 120 p. (In Russian)
11. Performance Base Navigation Manual. Doc 9613. Montreal, ICAO, 2013.
12. Gatchin Y.A., Zharinov I.O., Korobeynikov A.G., Zharinov O.O. Theoretical estimation of Grassmann’s transformation resolution in avionics color coding systems. Modern Applied Science, 2015, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 197–210. doi: 10.5539/mas.v9n5p197
13. Paramonov P.P., Shukalov A.V., Raspopov V.Ya., Ivanov Yu.V., Shvedov A.P. Backup strapdown attitude control system on the Russian-made inertial sensors. Russian Aeronautics, 2014, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 319–323. doi: 10.3103/S1068799814030179
14. Aleksanin S.A., Zharinov I.O., Korobeynikov A.G., Perezyabov O.A., Zharinov O.O. Evaluation of chromaticity coordinate shifts for visually perceived image in terms of exposure to external illuminance. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2015, vol. 10, no. 17, pp. 7494–7501.
15. Raspopov V.Ja., Tovkach S.E., Shvedov A.P., Paramonov P.P., Sabo J.I. Vertical references for unmanned aerial vehicles. IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 2011, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 42–44. doi: 10.1109/MAES.2011.5746185
16. Raspopov V.Ya., Shvedov A.P., Tovkach S.E., Paramonov P.P., Sabo Yu.I. Vertical references for unmanned aerial vehicles. Gyroscopy and Navigation, 2011, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 92–98. doi: 10.1134/S2075108711020064
17. Kharin E.G. Integrated Data Processing in Aircraft Navigation Systems. The Experience of Many Years of Practical Application. Moscow, MAI Publ., 2002, 264 p. (In Russian)
18. Lipin A.V., Klyuchnikov Yu.I. Application of Area Navigation for Air Traffic Services. St. Petersburg, University GA Publ., 2011, 78 p.
19. Kharin E.G., Kopylov I.A. Technology of Flight Testing of Aircraft Avionics Using Complex Airborne Trajectory Measurements. Moscow, MAI-Print, 2012, 360 p. (In Russian)
20. Raspopov V.Ya., Ivanov Yu.V., Alaluev R.V., Shukalov A.V., Pogorelov M.G., Shvedov A.P. The impact of sensor parameters on the accuracy of a strapdown inertial vertical gyroscope. Automation and Remote Control, 2013, vol. 74, no. 12, pp. 2189–2193. doi: 10.1134/S0005117913120217
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License