QUALITY CONTROL AUTOMATED LASER-ULTRASONIC METHOD FOR SOLDER JOINTS OF NOZZLES OF CHAMBERS IN LIQUID ROCKET ENGINES
Read the full article ';
For citation: Sergeev D.S., Fedorov A.V., Barinov A.V., Astredinova N.V. Quality control automated laser-ultrasonic method for solder joints of nozzles of chambers in liquid rocket engines. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 139–149.
The paper deals with the problem of quality control for solder joints of nozzles of chambers in liquid rocket engines (LRE). The nozzle of LRE chamber is a responsible product, operating in conditions of high pressure and temperature gradient, having a complex geometric shape and consisting of a large number of milled channels. The analysis of existing methods for solving the problem of quality control of solder joints in LRE nozzles of chambers is carried out. The necessity of the development of an automated laser-ultrasonic control method of solder joints in LRE nozzles of chambers is proved. The analysis of existing automated ultrasonic means of control and the factors affecting control accuracy is carried out. The prototype hardware has been designed for the automated laser ultrasonic nondestructive quality testing of solder joints of LRE nozzles. For software control of the sensor movement mechanism for scanning the inner surface of LRE chamber nozzles and its positioning, the usage of three-layer neural network is proposed. An adaptive algorithm of automated quality control of solder joints has been worked out. A method for the integrated assessment of the quality of solder joints of LRE chambers is suggested. In the process of research methodology was developed for automated measurement of geometrical characteristics of defects and quality control of solder joints in LRE nozzles of chambers. The approbation of the developed method was carried out on three-coordinate automated stand.
1. Kinzhagulov I.Yu. Theoretical model of thermo-optical excitation of ultrasonic waves in soldered thin-walled products. Journal of Instrument Engineering, 2011, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 39–44.
2. Karabutov A.A., Pelivanov I.M., Podymova N.B., Skipetrov S.E. Determination of the optical characteristics of turbid media by the laser optoacoustic method. Quantum Electronics, 1999, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1054–1059.
3. Amelin K.S., Antal E.I., Vasil'ev V.I., Granichina N.O. Adaptivnoe upravlenie avtonomnoi gruppoi bespilotnykh letatel'nykh apparatov [Adaptive control of an autonomous group of unmanned aerial vehicles]. Stokhasticheskaya Optimizatsiya v Informatike, 2009, vol. 5, no. 1–1, pp. 157–166.
4. Francini E., Hoft T., Santosa F. An inverse problem in nondestructive evaluation of spot-welds. Inverse Problems, 2006, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 645–661. doi: 10.1088/0266-5611/22/2/016
5. Brierley N., Tippetts T., Cawley P. Data fusion for automated non-destructive inspection. Proceedings of the Royal Society A. Mathematical Physical and Engineering Sciences, 2014, vol. 470, no. 2167, pp. 89–99. doi: 10.1098/rspa.2014.0167
6. Karabutov A.A., Matrosov M.P., Podymova N.B., Pyzh V.A. Impulse acoustic spectroscopy with a laser sound source. Akusticheskij Zhurnal, 1991, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 311–323.
7. Bazulin A.E., Bazulin E.G., Vopilkin A.Kh., Tikhonov D.S. Automated system for ultrasonic transducer verification. V Mire Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 2010, no. 1, pp. 35–39.
8. Efimov I.M. High-performance control of welded joints using mechanized scanners. Territoriya NDT, 2014, no. 1, pp. 26–18. (In Russian)
9. Pankov V.V., Pomerantsev D.S. Industrial scanners to replace radiographic testing to ultrasonic. Territoriya NDT, 2014, no. 1, pp. 38–39. (In Russian)
10. Efremov A. Havran V., Seidel H. Robust and numerically stable Bezier clipping method for ray tracing NURBS surfaces. Proc. 21st Spring Conference on Computer Graphics, SCCG 2005. 2005, pp. 123–131. doi: 10.1145/1090122.1090144
11. Baldev R., Rajendran V., Palanichamy P. Science and Technology of Ultrasonics. New Delhi, Narosa Publ., 2003, 400 p.
12. Samokrutov A.A., Bobrov V.T., Shevaldykin V.G., Alekhin S.G., Kozlov V.N. Acoustic methods and means of research of stress-strain state of designs and constructions. V Mire Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 2005, no. 1, pp. 22–26.
13. Bychenok V.A., Kinzhagulov I.Yu. Laser-ultrasonic testing of thin-walled soldered junctions in liquid-propellant rocket engine chamber. Journal of Instrument Engineering, 2011, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 50–54.
14. Lukinov A.P. Designing of Mechatronic and Robotic Devices. St. Petersburg, Lan' Publ., 2012, 608 p. (In Russian)
15. Turygin Y.V., Zubkov Yu.V. Study the positioning accuracy of mechatronic system output link. Proc. Conf. on Control in Engineering, Ergatic, Organizational and Network Systems. St. Petersburg, Russia, 2012, pp. 814–817.
16. Golubinskii A.N. Methods of approximation of experimental data and modeling. Vestnik of Voronezh Institute of the Ministry of Interior of Russia, 2007, no. 2, pp. 138–143.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License