FIRE-RESISTANCE PROPERTIES RESEARCH OF “WATER GLASS - GRAPHITE MICROPARTICLES” COMPOSITE MATERIAL
Read the full article ';
For citation: Pitukhin E.A., Ustinov A.S. Fire-resistance properties research of “water glass - graphite microparticles” composite material. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 277–283. doi:10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-2-277-283
Subject of Research. Research results of the fire-resistance for “water glass - graphite microparticles” composite material (CM) are given. The method for fire-resistance test of the micro composition is suggested in order to determine the limit state of the experimental samples under hightemperature action. Method. Test-benchequipment being used for research includes metering devices of temperature and time, as well as laboratory electric furnace PL20 with a maximum temperature in the chamber up to 1250ºC. Fire-resistance limit for the test samples of composite material is determined by the loss of insulating ability (I). For that purpose, the time is obtained from the test beginning with the standard temperature mode up to a limiting condition. Main Results. In accordance with the requirements of regulatory documents fire-resistance limit I15 has been obtained equal to 15 minutes. The qualitative and quantitative phase analysis of the CM structure has been done. By the study of samples by X-ray diffraction and electron microscopy we have determined that the material retains the same chemical structure with a monotonic heating above 700° C. Practical Relevance. The composite material with obtained characteristics can be used as a protective coating for building constructions with the aim of fire-resistance enhancement and fuel hazard reduction.
Acknowledgements. The work was supported by the Program for strategic development of Petrozavodsk State University for 2012–2016.
1. Berlin A.A., Vol'fson S.A., Oshmyan V.G., Enikolopov N.S. Printsipy Sozdaniya Kompozitsionnykh Materialov [Principles of Creation of Composite Materials]. Moscow, Khimiya Publ., 1990, 240 p.
2. Volkova V.K. Teplofizicheskie Svoistva Kompozitsionnykh Materialov s Polimernoi Matritsei i Tverdykh Rastvorov [Thermophysical Properties of Composite Materials with Polymeric Matrix and Solid Solutions]. Moscow, Nauka Obrazovaniya Publ., 2011, 104 p.
3. Karpov Ya.S., Ivanovskaya O.V. Kompozitsionnye Materialy: Komponenty, Struktura, Pererabotka v Izdeliya [Composite Materials: Components, Structure, Processing into Products]. Khar'kov, National Aircraft Univ. Publ., 2001, 153 p.
4. Khimicheskaya Entsiklopediya [Chemical Encyclopedia] / Ed. I.L. Knunyants, N.S. Zefirov. Moscow, Sovetskaya Entsiklopediya Publ., 1998.
5. Korenev V.I., Danilov V.V. Rastvorimoe i Zhidkoe Steklo [Soluble and Alkali Silicate]. St. Petersburg, Stroiizdat Publ., 1996, 213 p.
6. Maluk C., Terrasi G.P., Bisbya L., Stutz A., Hugi E. Fire resistance tests on thin CFRP prestressed concrete slabs. Construction and Building Materials, 2015, vol. 101, part 1, pp. 558–571. doi: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.10.031
7. Schmid J., Klippel M., Just A., Frangi A. Review and analysis of fire resistance tests of timber members in bending, tension and compression with respect to the Reduced Cross-Section Method. Fire Safety Journal, 2014, vol. 68, pp. 81–99. doi: 10.1016/j.firesaf.2014.05.006
8. Amina M.S., El-Gamal S.M.A., Hashem F.S. Fire resistance and mechanical properties of carbon nanotubes – clay bricks wastes (Homra) composites cement. Construction and Building Materials, 2015, vol. 98, pp. 237–249. doi: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.08.074
9. Yue W.W., Tam W.C., ChowW.K. Assessment of radiative heat transfer characteristics of a combustion mixture in a three-dimensional enclosure using RAD-NETT (with application to a ﬁre resistance test furnace). International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2014, vol. 68, pp. 383–390. doi: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2013.08.009
10. Kudryashov V.A., Zhikunova T.V. Estimation of the required limits of fire resistance of building structures using fire resistance factor. Vestnik Komandno-Inzhenernogo Instituta MChS Respubliki Belarus', 2013, no. 2(18), pp. 280–285.
11. Ryzhenko V.Kh., Ryzhenko A.V. Design of constructions with required fire resistance. Proc. Int. Conf. on Actual Problems of Technosphere Safety and Environmental Engineering. Blagoveshchensk, 2014, pp. 283–287.
12. Minas'yan R.M. Organosilicon glue-sealing materials with improved refractoriness. Polymer Science. Series D, 2008, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 44–45. doi: 10.1134/S1995421209010080
13. Mikhailova G.A. Razrabotka Siloksanovykh Rezin s Povyshennoi Maslobenzino-, Ognestoikost'yu i Trekingoeroziinoi Ustoichivost'yu. Dis. Kand. Tekhn. Nauk. Kazan', 2008, 164 p.
14. Eremina N.V. Ognezashchitnye Kompozitsii na Osnove Zhidkogo Stekla i Mekhanicheski Aktivirovannykh Oksidov Alyuminiya i Magniya. Dis. Kand. Tekhn. Nauk. Tomsk, 2007, 156 p.
15. Gusev N.G., Klimanov V.A., Mashkovich V.P., Suvorov A.P. Protection Against Ionizing Radiation. V. 1. Physical Basis of Radiation Protection. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1989, 512 p. (In Russian)
16. Gostev V.A., Pitukhin E.A., Ustinov A.S., Yakovleva D.A. Thermal insulation properties research of the composite material water glass-graphite microparticles. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2014, no. 3, pp. 82–88.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License