ON UNIFORMITY OF RASTER ILLUMINATION UNDER LASER SCANNING
Read the full article ';
For citation: Alekseev S.A., Belov N.P., Kashnikov A.S., Matveev N.V., Prokopenko V.T. On uniformity of raster illumination under laser scanning. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 577–580. doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-3-577-580
The paper considers the possibility of a flat light field creation (light raster) of a large size by laser scanning at a distance of several tens of meters with angular sizes equal to 20º×4º. It is shown that the filling of such size raster by light is possible with the use of a single laser. The uniformity of light raster illumination is achieved by choice of parameters for collimating and scanning optical systems, the speed of light spot movement on the line and frame, turnover frequency of frames, spot light overlap factor. We present findings that give the possibility to obtain relatively uniform raster illumination at laser scanning and the filling of large size raster with low power laser light from the radiation source.
Acknowledgements. The study was performed at the Department of Light technology and optoelectronics within the budgetary research engineering.
1. Miryakha A., Sverdlov M., Jukov G. Semiconductor laser emitters in aircraft instrument landing systems. Journal Photonics, 2012, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 32–37.
2. Korotaev V.V., Prokof'ev A.V., Timofeev A.N. Optoelectronic Transducers of Linear and Angular Displacements. St. Petersburg, NRU ITMO, 2012, 114 p. (In Russian)
3. Callison J.P., Pease J.S., Pease R.W. Laser Projection System. Patent US20070085936, 2006.
4. Bridgelall R., Katz J., Goren D.P., Dvorkis P., Li Y. Laser Scanning System and Scanning Method for Reading 1-D and 2-D Barcode Symbols. Patent US5504316, 1996.
5. Anisimov V.I., Butuzov V.V., Pasjuk V.P. Aircraft Laser System for Landing on Low-Sized Strips. Patent RU2494018, 2013.
6. Olikhov I.M., Golchenko A.N. Electron-beam-pumped semiconductor laser emitters in glideslope aircraft landing system. Journal Photonics, 2013, no. 4 (40), pp. 76–93.
7. Keane J. Full State Feedback Control of Galvanometr Scanning System. Master of engineering dissertation. Dublin City University, 1994, 119 p.
8. Widlok M. Advanced Methods of Galvoskanner Position Cоntrol with Integrated Power Module. PhD thesis. Cracov, University of Science and Technology, 2007, 106 p.
9. Kovrov A. Sharing the ground-based laser scanners and digital cameras. Interekspo Geo-Sibir', 2006, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 139–145. (In Russian)
10. Tarasov I.S. High-power semiconductor separate-confinement double heterostructure lasers. Quantum Electronics, 2010, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 661–681. doi: 10.1070/QE2010v040n08ABEH014375
11. Handbook of Optical and Laser Scanning / Ed. G.F. Marshall. NY: Marcell Dekker Inc., 2004. 778 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License