MULTIAGENT PLANNING OF INTERSECTION PASSAGE BY AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES
Read the full article ';
For citation: Zikratov I.A., Viksnin I.I., Zikratova T.V. Multiagent planning of intersection passage by autonomous vehicles. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 839–849. doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-5-839-849
We propose a traffic management system for autonomous vehicles that are agents at the intersection. In contrast to the known solutions based on the usage of semiautonomous control systems in assembly with the control unit, this algorithm is based on the principles of decentralized multiagent control. The best travel plan for intersection passage is produced by means of optimization methods jointly by all agents belonging to a dynamic collaboration of autonomous vehicles. The order of road intersection optimal for a given criterion is determined by the agents in the process of information exchange about themselves and environment. Our experiments show that this protocol can reduce significantly the traffic density as compared to the traditional systems of traffic management. Moreover, the effectiveness of the proposed algorithm increases with increasing density of road traffic. In addition, the absence of the critical object, that is the control unit, in the control system, reduces significantly the effectiveness of possible failures and hacker attacks on the intersection control system.
1. Milanes V., Llorca D., Vinagre B., Gonzalez C., Sotelo M. Clavile: evolution of an autonomous car. Proc. 13th Int. IEEE Conf. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, ITSC. Funchal, Portugal, 2010, pp. 1129–1134.
2. Varaiya P. Smart cars on smart roads: problems of control. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 1993, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 195–207.
3. Bazzan A.L.C. A distributed approach for coordination of traffic signal agents. Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, 2005, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 131–164. doi: 10.1007/s10458-004-6975-9
4. Beeson P. O'Quin J., Gillan B. et. al. Multiagent interactions in urban driving. Journal of Physical Agents, 2008, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 15–29. doi: 10.14198/JoPha.2008.2.1.03
5. Halle S., Chaib-draa B. A collaborative driving system based on multiagent modelling and simulations. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 2005, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 320–345. doi: 10.1016/j.trc.2005.07.004
6. Carlino D., Boyles S.D., Stone P. Auction-based autonomous intersection management. Proc. 16th Int. IEEE Conf. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, ITSC 2013. Hague, Netherlands, 2013, pp. 529–534. doi: 10.1109/ITSC.2013.6728285
7. Wuthishuwong C., Traechtler A. Vehicle to infrastructure based safe trajectory planning for Autonomous Intersection Management. Proc. 13th Int. Conf. on ITS Telecommunications, ITST. Tampere, Finland, 2013, pp. 175–180. doi: 10.1109/ITST.2013.6685541
8. Vahidi A., Eskandarian A. Research advances in intelligent collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2003, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 143–153. doi: 10.1109/TITS.2003.821292
9. Ho C., Reed N., Spence C. Multisensory in-car warning signals for collision avoidance. Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 2007, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1107–1114. doi: 10.1518/001872007X249965
10. Au T., Zhang S., Stone P. Autonomous intersection management for semi-autonomous vehicles. In: Handbook of Transportation. Taylor & Francis, 2015, pp. 88–104.
11. Dresner K., Stone P. A multiagent approach to autonomous intersection management. Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 2008, vol. 31, pp. 591–656.
12. Wu J., Abbas-Turki A., El Moudni A. Cooperative driving: an ant colony system for autonomous intersection management. Applied Intelligence, 2012, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 207–222. doi: 10.1007/s10489-011-0322-z
13. Zohdy I. H., Kamalanathsharma R. K., Rakha H. Intersection management for autonomous vehicles using iCACC. Proc. 15th Int. IEEE Conf. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, ITSC. Anchorage, USA, 2012, pp. 1109–1114. doi: 10.1109/ITSC.2012.6338827
14. Kalyaev I.A., Gaiduk A.R., Kapustyan S.G. Modeli i Algoritmy Kollektivnogo Upravleniya v Gruppakh Robotov [Models and Algorithms of the Collective Control of Robots Group]. Moscow, Fizmatlit Publ., 2009, 280 p.
15. Zikratov I.A., Gurtov A.V., Zikratova T.V., Kozlova E.V. Police Office Model improvement for security of swarm robotic systems. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2014, no. 5, pp. 99–109.
16. Zikratov I.A., Zikratova T.V., Lebedev I.S. Trust model for information security of multi-agent robotic systems with a decentralized management. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2014, no. 2, pp. 47–52.
17. Viksnin I.I., Iureva R.A., Komarov I.I., Drannik A.L. Assessment of stability of algorithms based on trust and reputation model. Proc. 18th Conference FRUCT-ISPIT. St. Petersburg, Russia, 2016, pp. 364–369. doi: 10.1109/FRUCT-ISPIT.2016.7561551
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License