VIRTUAL CHANNEL SIMULATION MODEL
Read the full article ';
For citation: Tatarnikova T.M., Elizarov M.A. Virtual channel simulation model. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1120–1127. doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-6-1120-1127
Subject of Research. We proposea computational tool to evaluate the probability-time characteristics of info-communication network as the quality indicators in the selection of effective design solutions. For the assessment of probability-time characteristics of info-communications networks we use simulation that makes provision for the dynamic and stochastic aspects of their functioning.We recommend an approach to reduce simulation model dimensionality based on the decomposition of info-communication network into sets of virtualchannels. Methods. Topologically complete info-communication network is a virtual channel model that connects the source and destination, and the probability equivalent of not considered network part is represented as a generator of external flows for taking into account the interaction peculiarities of considered virtual channel flow with flows of other routes. One and the same virtual channel model for representation of different segments of info-communication network differs only in parameters. Main Results. It is shown that the object approach application gives the possibility to build structures and variations of the virtual channel parameters corresponding to real segments of info-communication network. Convergence of the analytical modeling results and simulation is demonstrated. Thus, the use of the virtual channel simulation model as a computational tool is possible to evaluate the probability-time characteristics of the info-communications network. Practical Relevance. Virtual channel model can be useful as a tool for planning and forecasting of computing resources indicators of the info-communication network quality.
1. Kutuzov O.I., Sergeev V.G., Tatarnikova T.M. Kommutatory v Korporativnykh Setyakh. Modelirovanie i Raschet [Switches in the Corporate Networks. Simulation and Calculation]. St. Petersburg, Sudostroenie Publ., 2003, 170 p.
2. Kutuzov O.I., Tatarnikova T.M. Optimization of multiprocessor system on the basis of genetic algorithms. Izvestiya SPbGETU "LETI", 2006, no. 1, pp. 61–67. (In Russian)
3. Kutuzov O.I., Tatarnikova T.M. Infocommunication Networks. Simulation and Evaluation of Probability-Time Characteristics. St. Petersburg, SUAI Publ., 2015, 381 p. (In Russian)
4. Kutuzov O.I., Tatarnikova T.M. Modelling of Systems and Telecommunication Networks. St. Petersburg, RGGMU Publ., 2012, 134 p. (In Russian)
5. Tatarnikova T., Kolbanev M. Statement of a task corporate information networks interface centers structural synthesis. IEEE EUROCON 2009. St. Petersburg, 2009, art. 5167903, pp. 1883-1887. doi: 10.1109/EURCON.2009.5167903
6. Zwart A.P. Queueing Systems with Heavy Tails. Eindhoven Uneversity of Technology, 2001, 227 p.
7. Kutuzov O.I., Tatarnikova T.M. Evaluation and comparison of queues in classical and fractal queuing systems. Informatsionno-Upravlyayushchie Sistemy, 2016, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 48–55. (In Russian)
8. Bakin E., Solovyeva A., Turlikov A., Andreev S. Average delay estimation in discrete-time systems with periodically varying parameters. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2013, vol. 7984, pp. 37–51.
9. Bogatyrev V.A., Karmanovsky N.S., Poptcova N.A., Parshutin S.A., Voroninа D.A., Bogatyrev S.V. Simulation model for design support of infocomm redundant systems. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 831–838. doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-5-831-838
10. Tatarnikova T.M. Structural synthesis of an interface center for corporate networks. Informatsionno-Upravlyayushchie Sistemy, 2015, no. 3, pp. 92–98. (In Russian)
11. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev S.V. Redundant data transmission using aggregated channels in real-time network. Journal of Instrument Engineering, 2016, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 735–740. doi: 10.17586/0021-3454-2016-59-9-735-740
12. Kolbanev M.O., Tatarnikova T.M., Malkov K.O. An approach to set up a corporate network matching center. Informatsionno-Upravlyayushchie Sistemy, 2008, no. 3, pp. 28–31. (In Russian)
13. Sovetov B.Ya., Kolbanev M.O., Tatarnikova T.M. Evaluation of probability of erlang information aging. Informatsionno-Upravlyayushchie Sistemy, 2013, no. 6, pp. 25–28. (In Russian)
14. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev A.V. The model of redundant service requests real-time in a computer cluster. Informacionnye Tehnologii, 2016, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 348–355. (In Russian)
15. Kleinrock L. Communication Nets: Stochastic Message Flow and Design. McGraw-Hill, 1964, 220 p.
16. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev A.V. The reliability of the cluster real-time systems with fragmentation and redundant service requests. Informacionnye Tehnologii, 2016, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 409–416. (In Russian)
17. Tatarnikova T.M., Yagotinceva N.V. Evaluation of functional reliability of shipboard network. Journal of Instrument Engineering, 2014, no. 9, pp. 62–66. (In Russian)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License