Belov N.P., Grisimov V.N., Dikiy D.I., Odnovorchenko P.V., Savchenko-Novopavlovskaya S.L., Sherstobitova A.S., Yaskov A.D. Photometer-colorimeter based on integrating sphere with an internal screen and optoelectronic RGB-components. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
, 2017, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 249–255 (in Russian). doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2017-17-2-249-255
Subject of Research. The paper presents the laboratory colorimeter for determination of color parameters of objects with a diffuse reflection. We discuss design features, performance and metrological characteristics, calibration algorithm of the device in XYZ and RGB color systems. Findings for color parameters of aesthetic dentistry materials are given.Methods. The light-emitting diode and the RGB-photodiode were first used as an emitter and a photodetector in the colorimeter design. The integrating sphere with an internal baffle was also applied. Illumination distribution numerical modeling in the sphere with the internal baffle located near its center was carried out. Test samples of nanocomposites diffuse reflectors for aesthetic dentistry were examined.Main Results. The precision of measurements of color parameters determined with the use of photometer-colorimeter and the ones determined from reflection spectra within the reflection index range equal to 4-90 % was no worse than ∆X, Y, Z = 0.2. Thus, the presented colorimeter responses to the practical exploitation of the colorimetry.Practical Relevance. The presented device is being tested in Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University.
colorimetry, colorimetric devices, integrating sphere, diffuse reflection index, aesthetic dentistry, dental restorative nanocomposites References
1. Zaid G., Park S-N., Park S., Lee D-H. Differential spectral responsivity measurement of photovoltaic detectors with a light-emitting-diode based integrating sphere source. Applied Optics
, 2010, vol. 49, no. 35, pp. 6772–6783
. doi: 10.1364/AO.49.006772
2. Liang K., Li W., Ren H.R., Liu X.L., Wang W.L., Yang R., Han D.J. Color measurement for RGB white LEDs in solid-state lighting using a BDJ photodetector. Displays
, 2009, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 107–113. doi: 10.1016/j.displa.2009.03.002
3. Datacolor 200. Available at: http://industrial.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/datacolor-200 (accessed 10.12.2016).
4. Hanselaer P., Keppens A., Forment S., Ryckaert S., Deconinck G. A new integrating sphere design for spectral radiant flux determination of light-emitting diodes. Measurement Science and Technology
, 2009, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1–10. doi: 10.1088/0957-0233/20/9/095111
5. Tardy H.L. Matrix method for integrating-sphere calculations. Optical Society of America
, 1991, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 1411–1418. doi: 10.1364/JOSAA.8.001411
6. Clare J.F. Comparison of four analytic methods for the calculation of irradiance in integrating spheres. Optical Society of America
, 1998, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 3086–3096
. doi: 10.1364/JOSAA.15.003086
7. Belov N.P., Grisimov V.N., Odnovorchenko P.V., Sherstobitova A.S., Yas'kov A.D. Illuminance distribution in an integrating sphere with an internal screen. Journal of Optical Technology, 2016, vol. 83, no. 10, pp. 39–41. (In Russian)
8. Grisimov V.N., Prikhod'ko K.V. Evaluation of the transparent degree of dental hard tissues. DentArt,2005, no. 3, pp. 35–40. (In Russian)
9. Ryan E.-A., Tam L.E., McComb D. Comparative translucency of esthetic composite resin restorative materials. JournaloftheCanadianDentalAssociation,2010,vol. 76, no.1,art. 84.
10. Zaytsev D.V., Ivashov A.S., Mandra Y.V. Deformation behavior of human dentin compare to FILTEK ULTIMATE A3B filling polymer. Perspektivnye Materialy, 2013, no. 6, pp. 27–32. (In Russian)
11. Gapochkina L.L., Buzov A.A., Chuev V.P. «Vladmiva» composites: a comprehensive approach for the restorative treatment. Sovremennaya Stomatologiya, 2013, no. 4, pp. 36–40. (In Russian)
12. Guiraldo R.D., Consani S., Lympius T., Schneider L.F.J., Sinhoreti M.A.C., Correr-Sobrinho L. Influence of the light curing unit and thickness of residual dentin on generation of heat during composite photoactivation. JournalofOralScience
,2008,vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 137–142. doi: 10.2334/josnusd.50.137
13. Belov N.P. Yaskov A.D., Grisimov V.N. Laboratory spectrometer for investigation of reflectance and estimation of coloration parameters of diffusely reflecting objects. Journal of Instrument Engineering, 2010, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 74–78. (In Russian)
14. Belov N.P., Grisimov V.N., Shcherbakova E.Yu., Sherstobitova A.S., Yas'kov A.D. Photometer-Colorimeter to Measure the Color Coordinates of Diffusely Reflecting Objects. Patent RU140171, 2014.
15. Tardy H.L.Flat-sample and limited-field effects in integrating sphere measurements. Journal of the Optical Society of America
, 1988, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 241–245. doi: 10.1364/JOSAA.5.000241