: Sharkov A.V., Korablev V.A., Gerasyutenko V.V. Cooling system based on heat pipe with device for heat absorption from powerful sources. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
, 2018, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 133–139 (in Russian). doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2018-18-1-133-139
Subject of Research.We have presented a cooling system based on a heat pipe usage with the device of heat absorption from powerful sources, that is, the heat accumulator. Method.The operation principle of heat accumulator based on phase changes is that the thermal energy is consumed for melting of working substance, and is removed partly into the environment. The experimental setup was assembled for the research. The heat pipe studied in the experiment had flat flanges. The heat accumulator was installed between them. The stearic acid was used as the melting substance in the heat accumulator. Main Results. We have studied the characteristics of cooling system based on the heat pipe with the heat accumulator. We have got the heat resistance dependence of the heat pipe and heat-sink on input power. We have performed comparison of thetemperature dependence of the cooling object base from time, in conditions, when the heat pipe is equipped with a heat accumulator and without it. Based on the obtained results the time was determined necessary for the heat accumulator to provide thermal behavior of the heat generation object. Practical Relevance. The heat accumulator, used in the cooling system, has high heat of phase changes. Such heat accumulators are used to work in conditions of heat generation of device, which can be pulsed or periodic. The heat accumulator usage in cooling system will reduce the heat-sink dimensions, reduce the amplitude of temperature fluctuations of cooled object and thereby improve its reliability.
cooling system, heat accumulator, heat pipe, electronic device, thermal behavior, radio-electronic equipment References
1. Reay D.A., Kew P.A. Heat Pipes: Theory, Design and Application. 6th ed. Elsevier, 2014, 374 p.
2. Fahgiri A. Heat pipes: review, opportunities and challenges. Frontiers in Heat Pipes, 2014, vol. 5, pp. 1–48. doi: 10.5098/fhp.5.1
3. Khairnasov S., Naumova A. Heat pipes application in electronics thermal control systems. Frontiers in Heat Pipes, 2015, vol. 6, 14 p. doi: 10.5098/fhp.6.6
4. Alekseev V.A. Cooling of Radio-Electronic Equipment with Use of the Melting Substances. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1975, 88 p. (In Russian)
5. Vasil'ev E.N., Derevyanko V.A., Chebotarev V.E. Thermal storage to the temperature control system of powerful blocks of electronic equipment with a short action time. Vestnik of SibGAU, 2016, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 930–935. (In Russian)
6. Kukina G.V., Pronin Yu.S., Mishin G.S., Lelushkin N.V. Experimental studies of the thermal control of the spacecraft with heat storage. Dvoinye Tekhnologii, 2014, no. 2, pp. 71–75. (In Russian)
7. Trifonov G.I., Dyudin A.E., Privalov A.S. Heat Accumulator. Patent RU2011931, 1994.
8. Luks A.L., Matveev A.G. Analysis of main calculated and experimental thermo-physical characteristics of advanced heat-transfer rate heat-pipes of aluminum alloy. Vestnik of Samara University. Natural Science Series, 2008, no. 3, pp. 331–357. (In Russian)
9. Khairnasov S.M., Rassamakin B.M., Rassamakin A.B. Aluminium heat pipes application to electronic cooling systems. Sovremennye Informatsionnye i Elektronnye Tekhnologii, 2014, vol. 2, no. 15, pp. 8–11. (In Russian)
10. Babaev B.D. Development and Research of Power Systems Based on Renewable Sources with Phase Change Accumulation of Heat. Diss. Dr. Eng. Sci. Makhachkala, 2016, 345 p. (In Russian)
11. Alekseev V.A., Karabin A.E. The new type of thermal device for cooling the electronic equipment of spacecrafts. Trudy MAI, 2011, no. 49, p. 36.(In Russian)
12. Rassolov O.G., Goncharov K.A., Antonov V.A., Alekseev V.A. Honeycomb panel with heat pipes and heat storage material. Reshetnev Readins, 2009, vol. 1, no. 13, pp. 70–71. (In Russian)
13. Zykov A.P. Energy Saving in Heat Power Engineering and Heat Technologies: Lecture Notes. Moscow, MIIT Publ., 2011, 114 p. (In Russian)
14. Alekseev V.A., Chukin V.F. Heat Accumulating Device. Patent RU2306494, 2007.
15. Rossihin N.A. Guidelines for Design of Heat Accumulators on Phase Transitions (Capsule Type). Moscow, Bauman MSTU Publ., 2010, 35 p. (In Russian)
16. Dotsenko S.P., Danilin V.N., Martsynkovskyy V.A. Heat storage properties of n-paraffins, fatty acids and multicomponent systems based on them. Fiziko-Khimicheskii Analiz Svoistv Mnogokomponentnykh Sistem, 2003, no. 1, p. 12. (In Russian)
17. Dul'nev G.N., Belyakov A.P. Heat Pipes in Electronic Systems of Temperature Stabilization. Moscow, Radio i Svyaz' Publ., 1985, 96 p.