TEMPERATURE EFFECT ON NONLINEAR INFORMATION RECORDING PROCESS IN CHROMONE-BASED PHOTOSENSITIVE MEDIA
Read the full article
For citation: Fomicheva Ya.Yu., Zakharov V.V., Sergeev A.N., Stepanova M.S. Temperature effect on nonlinear information recording process in chromone-based photosensitive media. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics , 2019, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 87–94 (in Russian). doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2019-19-1-87-94
Subject of research. This paper focuses on the study of temperature effect on the threshold intensity values for fluorescent mark recording as well as on the features and threshold intensity values for photosensitive material damage during nonlinear phototransformation of chromone derivatives by visible light. Method. Photosensitive chromone derivative compound embedded into polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) polymer films with 20 μm thickness on the glass substrate were used as samples. Fluorescent marks were recorded by diode pumped passively Q-switched microchip Nd:YAG laser with the second harmonic generation. The wavelength of recording laser pulse was 532 nm, pulse duration was equal to 1 ns. Sample temperature was controlled by Peltier element and was changed in the range of 0–100 °C. Recorded fluorescent marks were registered using confocal laser scanning microscope. Main results. It was shown that cooling of the sample from 25 °C to 0 leads to decreasing of laser induced damage of the sample. Heating of the sample from 25 °C to 100 leads to the decreasing of the threshold intensity for nonlinear recording of fluorescent mark and corresponding efficiency increase of photoinduced transformation process at the fixed energy and duration of laser pulse. Practical relevance. Requirements for thermal stabilization system in the device for nonlinear optical archive information recording can be specified based on acquired results.
Acknowledgements. The authors are thankful to Levchenko K. V. and Krayushkin M. M. for provided chromone derivative samples and to Barachevsky V.A., Kiyko V. V. and Gagarskiy S. V. for valuable discussions.
2. Kiyko V.V. Multi-Layer Optical Disc. Patent US8455079 B2, 2013.
3. Kurbangaeev V., Poroshin N., Malishev P., Shmelin P. Multilayer fluorescent type optical information-carrying medium. Fotonics, 2012, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 74–81. (in Russian)
4. Ayt A.O., Barachevsky V.A., Duensing A., Fomicheva Y.Y., Gagarskiy S.V., Iglev H., Kiyko V.V., Krayushkin M.M., Sergeev A.N., Veniaminov A.V., Zakharov V.V. Thresholds for nonlinear recording of fluorescent centers in chromone-doped polymer films. Optical and Quantum Electronics, 2017, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 72. doi: 10.1007/s11082-017-0900-3
5. Krayushkin M., Levchenko K., Yarovenko V. Synthesis and study of photosensitive chromone derivatives for recording media of archival three-dimensional optical memory. ARKIVOC, 2008, vol. 2009, no. 9, pp. 262. doi: 10.3998/ark.5550190.0010.916
6. Ayt A.O., Barachevsky V.A., Kobeleva O.I., Valova T.M., Gagarskiy S.V., Kiyko V.V., Sergeev A.N., Veniaminov A.V., Zakharov V.V., Krayushkin M.M., Iglev H. Two-photon recording of stable luminescent centers in chromone-doped polymer films. Proc. Int. Conf. Laser Optics. St. Petersburg, 2014. doi: 10.1109/LO.2014.6886252
7. Cox J.M., Walton I., Patel D., Xu M., Chen Y., Benedict J. The temperature dependent photoswitching of a classic diarylethene monitored by in situ X-ray diffraction. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2015, vol. 119, no. 5, pp. 884–888. doi: 10.1021/jp512488q
8. Dulic D., Kudernac T., Puzys A., Feringa B.L., van Wees B.J. Temperature gating of the ring-opening process in diarylethene molecular switches. Advanced Materials, 2007, vol. 19, no. 19, pp. 2898–2902. doi: 10.1002/adma.200700161
9. Kudernac T., Kobayashi T., Uyama A., Uchida K., Nakamura S., Feringa B. Tuning the temperature dependence for switching in dithienylethene photochromic switches. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2013, vol. 117, no. 34, pp. 8222–8229. doi: 10.1021/jp404924q
10. Zakharov V.V., Veniaminov A.V., Ayt A.O., Barachevsky V.A., Fomicheva Y.Y., Gagarskiy S.V., Kiyko V.V., Sergeev A.N. Optical properties of chromone-class isomers in solution and polymer films studied by confocal microscope. Proc. 8th Int. Conf. on Nanomaterials - Research and Application, NANOCON. Brno, 2016, pp. 143–148.
11. Gagarskiy S.V., Grebennikov E.P., Kiyko V.V., Levchenko K.S., Sergeev A.N., Fomicheva Y.Y., Oberhofer K., Iglev H. Investigation of the transition state and dynamics of photochemical transformations of chromone molecules. Optics and Spectroscopy, 2018, vol. 125, no. 4, pp. 463–467. (in Russian) doi: 10.21883/OS.2018.10.46695.131-18
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License