ANALYSIS AND QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR RESULTS OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS APPLICATION BY MEANS OF DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Read the full article ';
For citation: Kon E.L., Freyman V.I., Yuzhakov A.A. Аnalysis and quantitative assessment for results of educational programs application by means of diagnostic tests. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2015, vol.15, no. 4, pp. 756–763.
Subject of Research.The problem actuality for creation, control and estimation of results for competence-oriented educational programs is formulated and proved. Competences elements and components, assembled in modules, course units and parts of educational program, are defined as objects of control. Specific tasks of proficiency examination for competences and their components are stated; subject matter of the paper is formulated. Methods of Research. Some adapted statements and methods of technical science are offered to be applied for control tasks solution, decoding and estimation of education results. The approach to quantitative estimation of testing results with the use of additive integrated differential criterion of estimation is offered. Main Results. Statements, defining conditions of certain and uncertain (indeterminacy) decision-making about proficiency examination for elements of discipline components controlled by test according to test realization results, are formulated and proved. Probabilistic characteristicsof both decision-making variants are estimated. Variants of determinate and fuzzy logic mathematic methods application for decreasing decision-making indeterminancy are offered; further research direction is selected for development of methods and algorithms for results decoding of diagnostic tests set realization. Practical Relevance. It is shown, that proposed approach to quantitative estimation of testing results will give the possibility to automate the procedure of formation and analysis for education results, specified in the competence format.
1. Engineering Education Quality Assurance: A Global Perspective/ Eds. A. Patil, P. Gray. London, Springer-Verlag, 2009, 316 p. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4419-0555-0
2. Osnovnye Tendentsii Razvitiya Vysshego Obrazovaniya: Global'nye i Bolonskie Izmereniya[Major Trends in Higher Education: Global and Bolognese Measurements] / Ed. V.I. Baidenko. Moscow, Issledovatel'skii Tsentr Problem Kachestva Podgotovki Spetsialistov, 2010, 352 p.
3. Vasilev V.N., Lisitsyna L.S. Planning and estimation of expected competences learning outcomes for FSES HPE. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2013, no. 2 (84), pp. 142–148. (in Russian)
4. Vasilev V.N., Lisitsyna L.S., Shehonin A.A. Conceptual model for the extraction of learning outcomes from the excessive education content. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2010, no. 4 (68), pp. 104–108. (in Russian)
5. Kon E.L., Freyman V.A., Yuzhakov A.A. Razrabotka i issledovanie podkhodov k upravleniyu, kontrolyu i otsenivaniyu kachestva realizatsii kompetentnostno-orientirovannykh obrazovatel'nykh programm [Development and research approaches to managing, monitoring and evaluating the quality of the implementation of the competence-oriented education programs]. Nauka i Obrazovanie: Elektronnoe Nauchno-Tekhnicheskoe Izdanie, 2015, no. 3, pp. 356–372.
6. Krathwohl D., Bloom B., Masia B. Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: the Classification of Educational Goals. NY,Longman, 1984, 196 p.
7. A Taxonomy for Learning, Teaching and Assessing: a Revision of Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives/ Eds. L.W. Anderson, D.R. Krathwohl. NY, Longman, 2000, 336 p.
8. Heywood J. Assessment in Higher Education: Student Learning, Peaching, Programmes and Institutions. London, Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2000, 452 p.
9. Yorke M. Formative assessment in higher education: moves towards theory and the enhancement of pedagogic practice. Higher Education, 2003, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 477–501. doi: 10.1023/A:1023967026413
10.Gulikers J., Biemans H., Mulder M. Developer, teacher, student and employer evaluations of competence-based assessment quality. Studies in Educational Evaluation, 2009, vol. 35, no. 2–3, pp. 110–119. doi: 10.1016/j.stueduc.2009.05.002
11.Reimann P., Kickmeier-Rust M., Albert D. Problem solving learning environments and assessment: a knowledge space theory approach. Computers and Education, 2013, vol. 64, pp. 183–193. doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2012.11.024
12.Wakimoto D., Lewis R. Graduate student perceptions of eportfolios: uses for reflection, development, and assessment. Internet and Higher Education, 2014, vol. 21, pp. 53–58. doi: 10.1016/j.iheduc.2014.01.002
13.Rodrigues F., Oliveira P. A system for formative assessment and monitoring of students' progress. Computers and Education, 2014, vol. 76, pp. 30–41. doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2014.03.001
14.Freyman V.A. Application of the technical diagnostics methods and procedures to monitor and assess studying results, specified in the competency format. Izvestiya SPbGETU "LETI", 2014, no. 6, pp. 79–85. (in Russian)
15.Kon E.L., Freyman V.A., Yuzhakov A.A. About possibility of use the technical diagnostics methods for control and an assessment the basic educational programs development results. Izvestiya SPbGETU "LETI", 2014, no. 7, pp. 66–71. (in Russian)
16.Kon E.L., Freyman V.A., Yuzhakov A.A. Application of fuzzy logic for studying results control, specified in the competence format. Neirokomp'yutery: Razrabotka, Primenenie, 2014, no. 12, pp. 20–25. (in Russian)
17.Freyman V.A. Designing of decoding method of competence elements development level diagnostic results with using fuzzy logic. Neirokomp'yutery: Razrabotka, Primenenie, 2014, no. 12, pp. 26–30. (in Russian)
18.Freyman V.A. An algorithm of conditional search of competence elements with insufficient level of development. Informatsionno-Upravlyayushchie Sistemy,2014, no. 2 (69), pp. 93–102. (in Russian)
19.Adomian G. On integral, differential, and integro-differential equations, perturbation and averaging methods. Kybernetes, 1995, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 52–60.
20.Kon E.L., Freyman V.A., Yuzhakov A.A. The quantitative estimates of studying results, submitted in the competence format. Vestnik Ufimskogo Gosudarstvennogo Aviatsionnogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta, 2015, vol. 19, no. 1 (67), pp. 206–212. (in Russian)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License