Kalinin I.V., Maharevs E., Murav’yeva-Vitkovskaya L.A. Efficiency evaluation of enterprise information systems with nonuniform
load. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
, 2015, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 863–868.
The paper deals with the problem of characteristics evaluation for enterprise information systems at the design stage. In the design of ERP-systems the most interest characteristic is not the average time, but the probability of timely delivery of different type messages (for example, command, service, multimedia, files, etc.) from the sender to the recipient. In addition,the possibility of using the priority information management built on the basis of service disciplines of general form with mixed priorities needs to be considered. An open queuing network with non-uniform data flow is used for solution of this problem. The method for calculation of information systems characteristics is proposed based on the decomposition of the network model. The end results obtained with this approach and by means of priority management are approximate because different classes of message streams at the output and input nodes of the computer system differ from the simple ones. However, result errors of the proposed analytical method are in acceptable limits for engineering calculations as it was shown by simulation in a wide range of parameters corresponding to real systems. Obtained results are usable for optimization problem solution of data transmission networks in modern information systems, involving routing algorithm definition and priorities specification for different classes of messages to provide given delivery time.
enterprise information systems, calculation of intensities, message delivery time, message flows, queuing systems. Acknowledgements.
The work is carried out within S&R engineering No 610481 “Development of Techniques and Measures for Systems
Engineering Design of Information and Control Computing Systems with Distributed Architecture”. References
1. Olifer V.G., Olifer N.A. Komp'yuternye Seti. Printsipy, Tekhnologii, Protokoly [Computer Networks. Principles, Technologies, Protocols]. 4th ed. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2010, 944 p.
2. Fowler M. Analysis Patterns: Reusable Object Models. Addison-Wesley Professional, 1996, 384 p.
3. Aliev T.I., Nikulsky I.Y., Pyattaev V.O. Modeling of packet switching network with relative prioritization for different traffic types. Proc. 10th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, ICACT-2008. Phoenix Park, South Korea, 2008, art. 4494220, pp. 2174–2176. doi: 10.1109/ICACT.2008.4494220
4. Dempsy B., Rinard M. Role-based exploration of object-oriented programs. Proc. 24rd International Conference on Software Engineering, ICSE 2002. Orlando, USA, 2002, pp. 313–324.
5. Aliev T.I., Muravyeva-Vitkovskaya L.A. Prioritetnye strategii upravleniya trafikom v multiservisnykh komp’yuternykh setyakh [Priority-based strategies of traffic management in multiservice computer networks]. Izv. vuzov. Priborostroenie, 2011, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 44–48.
6. ITU-T Recommendation Y.1541:2006. Network performance objectives for IP-based services.
7. Aliev T.I. Kharakteristiki distsiplin obsluzhivaniya zayavok s neskol'kimi klassami prioritetov [Characteristics of service disciplines with multiple priority classes]. Izvestiya Akademii Nauk SSSR. Tekhnicheskaya Kibernetika, 1987, no. 6, pp. 188–191.
8. Aliev T.I., Muravyeva L.A. System with dynamically varying mixed priorities and an unreliable server. Automation and Remote Control, 1988, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 897–903.
9. Aliev T.I. Zadacha sinteza system s poteryami [Problems of synthesis of systems with losses]. Izv. vuzov. Priborostroenie, 2012, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 57–63.
10. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev S.V., Bogatyrev A.V. Optimizatsiya drevovidnoi seti s rezervirovaniem kommutatsionnykh uzlov i svyazei [Optimization of the tree-structured network with redundant of switching nodes and links]. Telekommunikatsii, 2013, no. 2, pp. 42–48.
11. Bogatyrev V.A. An interval signal method of dynamic interrupt handling with load balancing. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 2000, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 51–57.
12. Bogatyrev V.A. Probability estimate of total connectedness of local networks with partial accessibility of redundant trunks. Engineering Simulation, 2000, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 739–752.
13. Bogatyrev V.A. Protocols for dynamic distribution of requests through a bus with variable logic ring for reception authority transfer. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 1999, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 57–63.
14. Bogatyrev V.A. Increasing the fault tolerance of a multi-trunk channel by means of inter-trunk packet forwarding. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 1999, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 70–76.
15. Bogatyrev V.A. On interconnection control in redundancy of local network buses with limited availability. Engineering Simulation, 1999, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 463–469.
16. Aliev T.I. Osnovy Modelirovaniya Diskretnykh System [Fundamentals of Simulation of Discrete Systems]. St. Petersburg, SPbSU ITMO Publ., 2009, 363 p.
17. Aliev T.I. Approksimatsiya veroyatnostnykh raspredelenii v modelyakh massovogo obsluzhivaniya [Approximation of probability distributions in queueing models]. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2013, no. 2 (84), pp. 88–93.