Bibikov S.V The approaching train detection algorithm. SScientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
, 2015, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 950–953.
The paper deals with detection algorithm for rail vibroacoustic waves caused by approaching train on the background of increased noise. The urgency of algorithm development for train detection in view of increased rail noise, when railway lines are close to roads or road intersections is justified. The algorithm is based on the method of weak signals detection in a noisy environment. The information statistics ultimate expression is adjusted. We present the results of algorithm research and testing of the train approach alarm device that implements the proposed algorithm. The algorithm is prepared for upgrading the train approach alarm device “Signalizator-P".
alarm device, information, algorithm, train detection, rail, lead time, vibroacoustic waves. References
1. Kolmogorov A.N. Three approaches to the definition of the concept "quantity of information''. Problemy Peredachi Informacii, 1965, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–11. (In Russian)
2. Kuz'min I.V., Kedrus V.A. Osnovy Teorii Informatsii i Kodirovaniya [Fundamentals of Information Theory and Coding]. Kiev, Vishcha shkola, 1986. 238 p.
3. Kuryshev V.E. Information-Adaptive Method of Signal Detection and Classification of Their Sources. Available at: http://nevod.newmail.ru/Site0711/cta/230811/iam.htm (accessed 16.05.2015).
4. Dubnov S. Generalization of spectral flatness measure for non-Gaussian processes. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 2004, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 698–701. doi: 10.1109/LSP.2004.831663
5. Fisher E., Tabrikian J., Dubnov S. Generalized likelihood ratio test for voiced-unvoiced decision in noisy speech using the harmonic model. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 2006, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 502–510. doi: 10.1109/TSA.2005.857806
6. Dubnov S., Hinich M.J. Analyzing several musical instrument tones using the randomly modulated periodicity model. Signal Processing, 2009, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 24–30. doi: 10.1016/j.sigpro.2008.07.006
7. Koshechkina N.I., Nosko G.S. K voprosu o mekhanizme zvukoobrazovaniya kontaktnogo vzaimodeistviya kolesa i rel'sa [On the mechanism of sound production of contact interaction of wheel and rail]. Vіsnik SNU іm. V. Dalya, 2011, no. 4 (158), part 1, pp. 101–106.