IMPROVEMENT OF REFERENCE BASE IN THE FIELD OF METROLOGICAL ASSURANCE OF THREAD JOINTS
Read the full article ';
For citation: Zakharenko Yu.G., Kononova N.A., Mosckalev A.A., Askarova E.F., Mikheyev E.A. Improvement of reference base in the field of metrological assurance of thread joints. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 338–344. doi:10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-2-338-344
We consider the main and essential legislative and applicative issues of metrological assurance of thread joints in the Russian Federation and international practice. Basic limitations of the existing measuring methods of the main thread gage parameter - the pitch diameter of thread - are represented. We give the description of the first echelon state working calibration standard for linear unit, placed in service in D.I. Mendeleyev Institute for Metrology (VNIIM), including the general field of applications and metrological characteristics according to the state verification schedule. The possibilities of etalon application in the field of measurements of thread gages parameters are shown. Technical solutions for reducing the components of uncertainty of measurements of the pitch diameter using the etalon are described: temperature stability; reducing of external vibration effects on measuring procedure; developing of the special software for minimizing human factor and increasing automation level of the measuring procedure. The solutions described have enabled to achieve expanded uncertainty value about 0.7-1.0 microns. As a result, we also propose further ways for development and improvement of the system of metrology assurance in the field of thread joints.
1. Leksikov V.P., Prokofiev A.N. Wear of windings threaded connections, depending on the processing method of the internal thread. Vestnik Bryanskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta, 2006, no. 2 (10), pp. 83–84. (In Russian)
2. Moskalev A.A. Features of verification of gauges joint thread. Proc. III Int. Competition the Best Young Metrologist, KOOMET-2009. Minsk, 2009, pp. 123–128. (In Russian)
3. Shmal' G.I., Kershenbaum V.Ya., Khomyakov A.I., Shneiderman Ya.A. et. al. Sem' raz otmer'... Kruglyi stol po metrologicheskim problemam neftegazovogo kompleksa. Mir Izmerenii, 2010, no. 11, pp. 7–15.
4. Zakharenko Yu.G., Kononova N.A., Moskalev A.A. Metrological assurance of measurements. Threaded connections. Production Quality Control, 2015, no. 10, pp. 41–45. (In Russian)
5. Merkac T.P., Acko B. Thread gauge calibration for industrial applications. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2010, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 637–643.
6. Surkov I.V., Surkova E.A., Burtovaya A.I., Mastrikova I.S. Development of methodology of coordinate measurements of taper screw thread gage. Proc. 25th National Scientific Symposium with International Participation Metrology and Metrology Assurance. Sozopol, Bulgaria, 2015, pp. 478–486.
7. Burtovaya A.I., Surkov I.V. Razrabotka matematicheskogo obespecheniya dlya razmerno-tochnostnogo analiza rezul'tatov koordinatnykh izmerenii. In Progressivnye Tekhnologii v Mashinostroenii [Progressive Technologies in Mechanical Engineering]. Chelyabinsk, 2012, pp. 101–104.
8. Dimov Yu.V. Metrology, Standardization and Certification. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2013, 496 p. (In Russian)
9. Amin S.S., Raja J. Screw Thread Metrology. The University of North Carolina in Charlotte, USA, 2004.
10. Guidelines on the Determination of Pitch Diameter of Parallel Thread Gauges by Mechanical Probing. EURAMET cg-10, 2007, vol. 1, 20 p.
11. NPL Notes on Screw Gauges. National Physical Laboratory, UK, 2010, 129 p. Available at: http://www.npl.co.uk/upload/pdf/screw_gauge_booklet.pdf (accessed 02.02.2016).
12. Pospelov R.V., Pozdnyshev V.N., Abramova L.Yu., Baratov V.M., Khavinson L.F., Gershun M.A. Metrological support of options interlocking threads and threaded connections of OCTG. Nadezhnost' i Sertifikatsiya Oborudovaniya dlya Nefti i Gaza, 2002, no. 1, pp. 8–10. (In Russian)
13. Zakharenko Yu.G., Kononova N.A., Moskalev A.A., Fomkina Z.V. Possibilities of "VNIIM DI. Mendeleev" in high-precision measurements of threaded joints. Proc. 5th All-Russian Scientific and Technical Conference Measuring and Testing in Shipbuilding and Related Industries, Sudometrika 2014. St. Petersburg, 2014, pp. 148–152. (In Russian)
14. The BIPM key comparison database. Calibration and Measurement Capabilities. Length [Электронный ресурс]. 2013. Available at: http://kcdb.bipm.org/appendixC/ (accessed 30.09.2015).
15. Mosckalev A. High-accurate measurements of thread gages using the Labconcept NANO horizontal instrument. Proc. 24th National Scientific Symposium with International Participation Metrology and Metrology Assurance. Sozopol, Bulgaria, 2014, pp. 480–485.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License