ANALYSIS OF PULSE OPTICAL TARGET SEEKER STATIC CHARACTERISTICS AT TARGET AIRCRAFTS EXPOSURE
Read the full article ';
For citation: Trifonov K.V., Lebedko E.G. Analysis of pulse optical target seeker static characteristics at target aircrafts exposure. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 608–612. doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-4-608-612
Subject of Research.The paper deals with operating principles of optical pulse target seekers based on quadrant photodiode when targets are located in short-range field region. Method. Target image shape and light intensity distribution can affect static characteristics and cause appearance of image energy maximums when targets are located in short-range field region. Physical modeling of static characteristics plotting process was carried out. The main idea of the proposed method lies in counting sums of image pixels intensities in every virtual area of the sensor while virtual frame of the whole photodetector is moving over the target image. Main Results. Most probable target illumination directions were analyzed. Critical distances when the first extra image energy maximum appears were calculated for every target illumination directions. Time of missile uncontrollable flight at a near miss distance was also estimated. Practical Relevance. Research results point out that using of control loop proper logic is required to provide reliable target shot down for active and semi-active laser homing systems. Also disabling of such systems should be carried out when targets are located in short-range field region.
1. Konyakhin I.A., Turgalieva T.V. Three-coordinate digital autocollimator. Journal of Optical Technology, 2013, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 772–777. doi: 10.1364/JOT.80.000772
2. Konyakhin I.A., Kopylova T.V., Konyakhin A.I. Optic-electronic autocollimation sensor for measurement of the three-axis angular deformation of industry objects. Proceedings of SPIE, 2012, vol. 8439, art. 84391N. doi: 10.1117/12.922096
3. Kleshchenok M.A., Anisimov A.G., Lashmanov O.U., Timofeev A.N., Korotaev V.V. Alignment control optical-electronic system with duplex retroreflectors. Proceedings of SPIE, 2014, vol. 9131, art. 91311X. doi: 10.1117/12.2052290
4. Konyakhin I., Timofeev A., Usik A., Zhukov D. The experimental research of the systems for measuring the angle rotations and line shifts of the large aperture radio-telescope components. Proceedings of SPIE, 2010, vol. 7544, art. 75443P. doi: 10.1117/12.885604
5. Konyakhin I.A., Timofeev A.N., Konyakhin A.I. Three-axis optic-electronic autocollimation system for the inspection of large-scale objects. Proceedings of SPIE, 2013, vol. 8788, art. 87882C. doi: 10.1117/12.2020343
6. Konyakhin I.A., Timofeev A.N., Yaryshev S.N. High precision angular and linear measurements using universal opto-electronic measuring modules in distributed measuring systems. Key Engineering Materials, 2010, vol. 437, pp. 160–164. doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.437.160
7. Konyakhin I.A., Kopylova T.V., Konyakhin A.I., Smekhov A.A. Optic-electronic systems for measurement the three-dimension angular deformation of axles at the millimeter wave range radiotelescope. Proceedings of SPIE, 2013, vol. 8759, art. 87593E. doi: 10.1117/12.2014605
8. Turgalieva T.V., Konyakhin I.A. Research of autocollimating angular deformation measurement system for large-size objects control. Proceedings of SPIE, 2013, vol. 8788, art. 878832. doi: 10.1117/12.2020861
9. Konyakhin I.A., Timofeev A.N., Usik A.A., Zhukov D.V. Optic-electronic systems for measuring the angle deformations and line shifts of the reflecting elements at the rotateable radio-telescope. Proceedings of SPIE, 2011, vol. 8082, art. 80823R. doi: 10.1117/12.890059
10. Pantyushin A., Korotaev V. Control measurement system for railway track position. Proceedings of SPIE, 2012, vol. 8486, art. 84861B. doi: 10.1117/12.930503
11. Anisimov A.G., Pantyushin A.V., Lashmanov O.U., Vasilev A.S., Timofeev A.N., Korotaev V.V., Gordeev S.V. Absolute scale-based imaging position encoder with submicron accuracy. Proceedings of SPIE, 2013, vol. 8788, art. 87882T. doi: 10.1117/12.2021022
12. Maraev A.A., Timofeev A.N. Energetic sensitivity of optical-electronic systems based on polychromatic optical equisignal zone. Proceedings of SPIE, 2013, vol. 8788, art. 878836. doi: 10.1117/12.2020757
13. Lebed'ko E.G., Porfir'ev L.F., Khaitun F.I. Teoriya i Raschet Impul'snykh i Raschet Impul'snykh i Tsifrovykh Optiko-Elektronnykh Sistem [Theory and Calculation of Pulse and Calculation of Pulse and Digital Opto-Electronic Systems]. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1984, 192 p.
14. Taktiko-Tekhnicheskie Kharakteristiki Istrebitelya Su-33. Available at: http://army.lv/ru/su-33/harakteristiki/482/146 (accessed 27.05.2016).
15. Upravlyaemaya Raketa Maloi Dal'nosti R-60 [Short-Range Guided Missile AA-8 "Aphid"]. Available at: http://rbase.new-factoria.ru/missile/wobb/r60/r60.shtml (accessed 27.05.2016).
16. Upravlyaemaya Aviatsionnaya Raketa Klassa «Vozdukh-Vozdukh» Bol'shoi Dal'nosti RVV-BD [Guided Air Missiles "Air-to-Air" Long-Range AA-12 Adder]. Available at: http://missiles.ru/RVV-BD.htm (accessed 27.05.2016).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License