APPARATUS FOR SURFACE TREATMENT OF FREE-FORM OBJECT BY LASER RADIATION
Read the full article
For citation: Fedosov Yu.V., Afanasiev M.Ya. Apparatus for surface treatment of free-form object by laser radiation. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2017, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 191–195. doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2017-17-1-191-195
The paper proposes a new approach to the design of the technological equipment used for surface treatment of a free-form object by laser radiation. Design advantages and disadvantages of the similar laser cutting machine with beam focusing control are considered. We propose a new scheme that improves the optical characteristics of the device by reducing the number of reflections in the collimating system. The base for the proposed mechanism is XY table with numerical control. The driven element of the apparatus is the optical head with the ability to adjust the focal distance and the system of beam stabilization based on a modified Stewart platform. Laser radiation of the ultraviolet range is transmitted from the laser source through the optical fiber. A proposed solution is implemented in experimental device for selective polymer curing.
1. Klingel H., Weick J.M. Laser Cutting Machine with Focus Maintaining Beam Delivery. Patent US5667707, publ. 16.10.1997.
2. Vaks E.D., Milen'kii M.N., Saprykin L.G. Praktika Pretsizionnoi Lazernoi Obrabotki [Practice of Precision Laser Machining]. Moscow, Tehnosfera Publ., 2013, 711 p.
3. Dasgupta B., Mruthyunjaya T. The Stewart platform manipulator: a review. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 2000, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 15–40. doi: 10.1016/S0094-114X(99)00006-3
4. Gattringer H., Naderer R., Bremer H. Modeling and Control of a Pneumatically Driven Stewart Platform. In: Motion and Vibration Control. Eds. H. Ulbrich, L. Ginzinger. Dordrecht, Springer, 2009, pp. 93–102.doi: 10.1007/978-1-4020-9438-5_10
5. Stewart D. A platform with six degrees of freedom. Proceedings of Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 1965, vol. 180, no. 15, pp. 371–386. doi: 10.1243/PIME_PROC_1965_180_029_02
6. Afanasev M.Ja., Fedosov Ju.V. Apparatus for Laser Radiation Machining of Surface of Arbitrary Form. Patent RU161667, 2016.
7. Afanasev M.Ja., Fedosov Ju.V. Optical-Mechanical System. Patent RU 2583163, 2016.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License