Vunder N.A., Pavlov A.S., Ushakov A.V. Influence of eigenvectors on trajectories of discrete systems with control signal delay. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
, 2017, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 269–278 (in Russian). doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2017-17-2-269-278
Subjectof Study.We present research results of the free motion of discrete linear systems in case of the control signal transmissionto continuous plantwith a delay not exceeding the discreteness interval duration. It was foundthat if the output control signal delay does not exceed the discreteness interval durationthen the dimension of the discrete representation of the continuous plant is increased by one. We consider a class of discrete systems with simple structure state matrix and with the eigenvectors structure such that condition number of their matrix is much greater than one.Method. The problem is solved with the use of vector-matrix formalism of state space method;for that reason the system is presented in vector-matrix form. Analytical assessments of processes in the system arefigured on the norm of state vectorfree motion with the calculation of the condition number of the state matrix eigenvectors matrix. Main Results. It has been found that the ill-conditioned eigenvectors structure of the state matrix may cause significant deviations of free motion trajectories from a monotone decreasing curve. Practical Relevance. These properties of the free motion of discrete systems trajectories are recommended for being kept under supervision, both in the design and the operational phases of systems.
discrete system, delay, plant, eigenvectors, deviations, free motion, condition number Acknowledgements.
This work was supported by the Government of the Russian Federation, Grant 074-U01; the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Project 14.Z50.31.0031; the Russian Federation President Grant No.14.Y31.16.9281-НШ. References
1. Tou J.T. Modern Сontrol Theory. NY, McGraw-Hill,1964, 343p.
2. Akunov T.A., Dudarenko N.A., Polinova N.A., Ushakov
A.V. Process oscillativity study in aperiodic continuous systems, generated by eigenvalues multiplication factor. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
,2013, no. 3, pp. 55–61. (In Russian)
3. Vunder N.A., Ushakov A.V. Investigation of deviation of trajectories of linear stable discrete systems from monotonously decreasing curve on free motion in the case of multiple real positive eigenvalues of their matrices. Journal of Automation and Information Sciences
, 2016, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 13–24. doi: 10.1615/JAutomatInfScien.v48.i10.20
4. VunderN.A., Ushakov A.V. On the features of the trajectories of autonomous discrete systems generated by a multiplicity factor of eigenvalues of state matrices. Proc. IEEE Int. Symposium on Intelligent Control
. Sydney, Australia, 2015, pp. 695–700. doi: 10.1109/ISIC.2015.7307291
5. Whidborne J.F., McKernan J. On the minimization of maximum transient energy growth. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control
, 2007, vol. 52, pp. 1762–1767. doi: 10.1109/TAC.2007.900854
6. Polyak B.T., Smirnov G. Large deviations for non-zero initial conditions in linear systems. Automatica
, 2016, vol. 74, pp. 297–307. doi: 10.1016/j.automatica.2016.07.047
7. Whidborne J.F., Amar N. Computing the maximum transient energy growth. BIT Numerical Mathematics
, 2011, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 447–457. doi: 10.1007/s10543-011-0326-4
8. Halikias G., Papageorgiou A., Karcanias N. Non-overshooting stabilization via state and output feedback. International Journal of Control
, 2010, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 1232–1247. doi: 10.1080/00207171003664844
9. Francis B.A., Glover K. Bounded peaking in the optimal linear regulator with cheap control. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control
, 1978, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 608–617. doi: 10.1109/TAC.1978.1101792
10. Kimura H. A new approach to the perfect regulation and the bounded peaking in linear multivariable control systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control
, 1981, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 253–270. doi: 10.1109/TAC.1981.1102573
11. VunderN.A., Ushakov A.V. Investigation of continuous systems oscillatory processes created with the multiplicity factor of the eigenvalues of the state matrices. Journal of Automation and Information Sciences
, 2015, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 18–35. doi: 10.1615/JAutomatInfScien.v47.i11.20
12. Zadeh L.А., Desoer C.А. Linear System Theory: The State Space Approach. 4th ed. NY, Dover Publ., 2008, 656 p.
13. Gantmakher F.R. Teoriya Matrits [Matrix Theory]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1973, 575 p. (In Russian)
14. Golub G.H., Van Loan C.F. Matrix Computations. Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1996,. 728 p.
15. Voevodin V.V., Kuznetsov Yu.A. Matritsy i Vychisleniya [Matrices and Calculations]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1984, 320 p.
16. Grigor'ev V.V., Drozdov V.N., Lavrent'ev V.V., Ushakov A.V. Sintez Diskretnykh Sistem Regulyatorov pri Pomoshchi EVM [Synthesis of Digital Systems Using Computer Controls]. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1983, 245 p.