ORGANIZATION OF SIMULATION EXPERIMENTS IN THE DESIGN OF DISTRIBUTED COMPUTER SYSTEMS WITH REDUNDANT DATA TRANSMISSION
Read the full article ';
For citation: Parshutina S.A. Organization of simulation experiments in the design of distributed computer systems with redundant data transmission. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2017, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 841–849 (in Russian). doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2017-17-5-841-849
Subject of Research.We study the ways of multipath distribution of copies of requests (packets) through the network and their redundant servicing by servers of a given cluster. The alternatives under consideration differ in the way of path selection for a packet in the network having routes with joint switching nodes (static or dynamic) and in the condition under which those copies exit early from the system as a result of their losses in the communication channels, the emergence of bit errors, the overflow of transmitting and receiving buffers of the network and computing equipment, or the combination of these reasons. Method. We consider the efficiency of redundant transmissions, defined as the probability of faultless and timely delivery of at least one redundant copy to the cluster and dependent on the intensity of the flow of incoming requests. Based on the alternatives described, a set of simulation models with parameters representing the requirements for the system under simulation is created with AnyLogic 7 simulation environment. The results of simulation experiments are being written to the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database, undergo transformations, and then are exported into the application program developed in this study. Main Results. Organization of simulation experiments involving accumulating and processing of their results with the tools of the chosen database management system is proposed. After being handled, those results are used to form the basis for analysis of the obtained dependencies with third-party software applications, such as Microsoft Excel or the one implemented in this work, to determine the scope of efficiency of redundant transmissions and to automate the search for the optimal order of redundancy. The simulation results that confirm the efficiency of multipath distribution of copies of requests are presented. Practical Relevance.The proposed models and tools enable one to justify the choice and optimize project solutions to the problem of improving functional reliability of distributed computer systems with redundant transmission and servicing of requests.
1. Aysan H. Fault-Tolerance Strategies and Probabilistic Guarantees for Real-Time Systems. Malardalen University, Vasteras, Sweden, 2012, 190 p.
2. Kopetz H. Real-Time Systems: Design Principles for Distributed Embedded Applications. Springer, 2011, 396 p. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4419-8237-7
3. Koren I., Krishna C.M. Fault Tolerant Systems. San Francisco, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2009, 378 p.
4. Polovko A.M. Gurov S.V. Osnovy Teorii Nadezhnosti [Fundamentals of Reliability Theory]. St. Petersburg, BHV-Peterburg Publ., 2006, 704 p. (In Russian)
5. Cherkesov G.N. Nadezhnost Apparatno-Programmnyh Kompleksov [Reliability of Hardware and Software Systems]. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2005, 479 p. (in Russian)
6. Bogatyrev V.A. An interval signal method of dynamic interrupt handling with load balancing. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 2000, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 51–57.
7. Bogatyrev V.A. Protocols for dynamic distribution of requests through a bus with variable logic ring for reception authority transfer. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 1999, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 57–63.
8. Lee M.H., Dudin A.N., Klimenok V.I. The SM/V/N queueing system with broadcasting service. Mathematical Problem in Engineering, 2006, vol. 2006, art. 98171. doi: 10.1155/MPE/2006/98171
9. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev A.V. The model of redundant service requests real-time in a computer cluster. Informacionnye Tehnologii, 2016, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 348–355. (In Russian)
10. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev A.V. The reliability of the cluster real-time systems with fragmentation and redundant service requests. Informacionnye Tehnologii, 2016, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 409–416. (In Russian)
11. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev S.V. Redundant data transmission using aggregated channels in real-time network. Journal of Instrument Engineering, 2016, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 735–740. (in Russian). doi: 10.17586/0021-3454-2016-59-9-735-740
12. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev A.V., Golubev I.Yu., Bogatyrev S.V. Queries distribution optimization between clusters of fault-tolerant computing system. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2013, no. 3, pp. 77–82.
13. Bogatyrev V.A., Bogatyrev S.V. Reliability of multi-cluster systems with redistribution of the flow of requests. Journal of Instrument Engineering, 2017, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 171–177. (In Russian). doi: 10.17586/0021-3454-2017-60-2-171-177
14. Bogatyrev V.A., Parshutina S.A. Multipath fault-tolerant routing models for distributing queries through the network. Herald of Computer and Information Technologies, 2015, no. 12, pp. 23–28.
15. Bogatyrev V.A., Parshutina S.A. Redundant distribution of requests through the network by transferring them over multiple paths. Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2016, vol. 601, pp. 199–207. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-30843-2_21
16. Bogatyrev V.A., Parshutina S.A. Multipath redundant distribution of delay-sensitive queries through the network. Herald of Computer and Information Technologies, 2016, no. 10, pp. 41–46. (In Russian) doi: 10.14489/vkit.2016.10.pp.041-046
17. Bogatyrev V.A., Parshutina S.A. Efficiency of redundant multipath transmission of requests through the network to destination servers. Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2016, vol. 678, pp. 290–301. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-51917-3_26
18. Kutuzov O.I., Tatarnikova T.M. Infocommunication Networks. Simulation and Evaluation of Probability-Time Characteristics. St. Petersburg, SUAI Publ., 2015, 381 p. (In Russian)
19. Kutuzov O.I., Tatarnikova T.M. On the simulation paradigm analysis. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2017, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 552–558. (In Russian) doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2017-17-3-552-558
20. Karpov Yu.G. Simulation Modeling of Systems. Introduction to Modeling with AnyLogic 5. St. Petersburg, BKhV-Peterburg Publ., 2005, 403 p. (In Russian)
21. Aliev T.I. Osnovy Modelirovaniya Diskretnykh Sistem [Basics of Discrete Systems Modeling]. St. Petersburg, NRU ITMO Publ., 2009, 363 p. (In Russian)
22. Bogatyrev V.A., Karmanovsky N.S., Poptcova N.A., Parshutin S.A., Voroninа D.A., Bogatyrev S.V. Simulation model for design support of infocomm redundant systems. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 831–838. (In Russian). doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-5-831-838
23. Bogatyrev V.A., Parshutina S.A., Poptcova N.A., Bogatyrev A.V. Efficiency of redundant service with destruction of expired and irrelevant request copies in real-time clusters. Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2016, vol. 678, pp. 337–348. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-51917-3_30
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License