NEW OPTICAL-ELECTROCHEMICAL MICROBIOTESTING SYSTEM FOR VALUATION OF OIL PRODUCTS TOXICOSAFETY
Read the full article
For citation: Sibirtsev V.S., Stroev S.A. New optical-electrochemical microbiotesting system for valuation of oil products toxicosafety. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2019, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 74–81 (in Russian). doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2019-19-1-74-81
A new, integrated, instrumental, optical-electrochemical, microbiotesting system is described. This system can be used to assess the toxicity of various products and wastes, as well as the degree of environmental safety of various rooms, reservoirs, territories and sources of environmental pollution. A technique is presented as an example of the analysis carried out using the described system. This technique comprises incubation of Chlorella vulgaris tanks for 12 hours in the presence of various concentrations of 5 typical oil products in an aqueous solution containing sucrose with various mineral additives. At the same time, the elastic light scattering efficiency in the wavelength range of 820–915 nm (Iod), the optical density in the wavelength range of 435±5 nm (Avd) and the value of the redox potential (Е) were measured in each of the mentioned containers during the entire time of their incubation with an interval of 60 minutes. Then, ΔIod/Δτ, ΔAvd/Δτ, ΔE/Δτ values were calculated at each time τi, as well as partial and total degrees of activation or inhibition (+/–) of C.vulgaris vital activity by given concentration of each tested oil products. As a result, it was shown that the change in Iod characterized to a greater extent the intensity of growth and reproduction of C.vulgaris; whereas the change in E characterized to a greater extent the metabolic activity of test microorganisms. At the concentrations of the tested oil products equal to 2×10–3 vol.% and more, the higher concentrations of these products were in the medium and the more they contained aromatic components and chemically active groups, the greater degree of inhibitory effect on C.vulgaris they had. On the other hand, at the concentrations of the same oil products equal to 2×10–5 vol.% and less, the vital activity of C.vulgaris was activated even by very chemically active aromatic hydrocarbons. Moreover, the degree of such activation was so much the less, the more heterogeneous mixture of various hydrocarbons was present in the test sample. Thus, we were certain that the presented microbiotesting system provides the researcher with a sensitive, express, accessible and informative method for assessing the pro- and antimicrobial activity of various products and wastes, as well as the environmental safety of various premises and territories.
2. Grigor’eva M.N., Stel’makh S.A., Astakhova S.A., Tsenter I.M., Bazaron L.U., Batoev V.B., Mognonov D.M. Synthesis of polyalkylguanidine hydrochloride copolymers and their antibacterial activity against conditionally pathogenic microorganisms Bacillus Cereus and Escherichia Coli. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal, 2015, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 99–103. doi: 10.1007/s11094-015-1230-z
3. Ivanov S.D., Korytova L.I., Yamshanov V.A., Ilyn N.V., Sibirtsev V.S. Leukopenia prognosis by radiation therapy of patients with Hodgkin's disease. Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research, 1997, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 183–188.
4. Ivanov S.D., Korytova L.I., Yamshanov V.A., Ilyn N.V., Sibirtsev V.S. Leukopenia prognosis during radiation therapy in patients with Hodgkin's disease. Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research, 1997, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 413–418.
5. Madesclaire M., Coudert P., Lyamin A.V., Sharipova S.Kh., Zaitseva Yu.V., Zaitsev V.P. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of new ureas from (1s,2s)-2-amino-1-(4-nitrophenyl)-1,3-propanediol. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal, 2015, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 10–12. doi: 10.1007/s11094-015-1213-0
6. Odaryuk V.V., Burakov N.I., Kanibolotskaya L.V., Kanibolotskii A.L., Odaryuk I.D., Lebedeva N.Yu., Poddubnaya E.N., Shendrik A.N. Synthesis and antiradical and antibacterial activity of 4-(3′,4′-dihydroxyphenyl)thiazole derivatives. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal, 2015, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 96–98. doi: 10.1007/s11094-015-1229-5
7. Popov L.D., Levchenkov S.I., Zubenko A.A., Shcherbakov I.N., Fetisov L.N., Bodryakov A.N., Maevskii O.V., Kogan V.A. Synthesis, protistocidal and antibacterial activities of 2′-imidazolinylhydrazones of mono- and dicarboxylic acids. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal, 2015, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 21–23. doi: 10.1007/s11094-015-1215-y
8. Sibirtsev V.S. Biological test methods based on fluorometric genome analysis. Journal of Optical Technology, 2017, vol. 84, no. 11, pp. 787–791. doi: 10.1364/jot.84.000787
9. Sibirtsev V.S. Fluorescent DNA probes: study of mechanisms of changes in spectral properties and features of practical application. Biochemistry (Moscow), 2007, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 887–900. doi: 10.1134/S0006297907080111
10. Sibirtsev V.S. Study of applicability of the bifunctional system "ethidium bromide + Hoechst-33258" for DNA analysis. Biochemistry (Moscow), 2005, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 449–457. doi: 10.1007/s10541-005-0136-x
11. Sibirtsev V.S., Naumov I.A., Kuprina E.E., Olekhnovich R.O. Use of impedance biotesting to assess the actions of pharmaceutical compounds on the growth of microorganisms. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal, 2016, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 481–485. doi: 10.1007/s11094-016-1473-3
12. Sibirtsev V.S., Olekhnovich R.О., Samuylova E.О. Assessment of integral toxicity of water resources by instrumental methods of analysis. Proc. 17th Int. Multidisciplinary Scientific Geoconference, SGEM. Albena, Bulgaria, 2017, vol. 17, no. 61, pp. 507–514. doi: 10.5593/sgem2017/61/S24.066
13. Sibirtsev V.S., Garabadzhiu A.V., Ivanov S.D. Mechanisms of variation in fluorescent properties of bis-benzimidazole dyes. Bioorganicheskaia khimiia, 1995, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 731–736. (in Russian). doi: 10.1007/s11094-015-1178-z
14. Sibirtsev V.S., Garabadzhiu A.V., Ivanov S.D. Spectral properties of bisbenzimidazole dyes upon interaction with DNA. Russian Journal of Bioorganic Chemistry, 1997, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 857–866. doi: 10.1007/s11094-014-1154-z
15. Sibirtsev V.S., Tolmachev A.Yu., Suslov V.V., Garabadzhiu A.V., Traven' V.F. Dependence of fluorescence properties of compounds from psoralen, angelicin, and carbazole series on the character of their terminal substituents. Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2003, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 881–889. doi: 10.1023/B:RUJO.0000003169.96393.1d
16. Sibirtsev V.S., Garabadzhiu A.V. New methods of bioassay and DNA analysis using fluorophores. Biotekhnosfera, 2011, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 9–14. (in Russian)
17. Sibirtsev V.S., Krasnikova L.V., Schleikin A.G., Stroev S.A., Naumov I.A., Olekhnovich R.O., Tereschenko V.F., Shabanova E.M., Mussa Al-Khatib. New biotesting method with the application of modern impedance technologies. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2015, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 275–284. (in Russian) doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2015-15-2-275-284
18. Sibirtsev V.S., Kulakov A.Yu., Stroev S.A. Conductometry biotesting as applied to valuation of the pro- and antibacterial properties of catolites and anolites. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 2016, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 573–576. (in Russian) doi: 10.17586/2226-1494-2016-16-3-573-576
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License